The Chainer team is saddened to hear about the end of Theano development. Some of us used Theano when we first started studying deep learning and many aspects of Chainer were inspired by Theano’s clean interface design.
Like Theano, Chainer is a Python neural network framework with a numpy-like syntax for computation on CPUs or GPUs. Thanks to our previous work with Theano, Chainer has a TheanoFunction which enables Theano functions to be used within Chainer as is. In case Theano users are interested in trying Chainer, the Chainer tutorials provide a good starting point: Chainer Tutorial.
Our thanks again to the Theano developers for their contributions to the Deep Learning community.
Chainer is a Python-based, standalone open source framework for deep learning models. Chainer provides a flexible, intuitive, and high performance means of implementing a full range of deep learning models, including state-of-the-art models such as recurrent neural networks and variational autoencoders.
- Sunsetting Python 2 Support
- Released Chainer/CuPy v6.0.0
- ChainerX Beta Release
- Released Chainer/CuPy v5.0.0
- ChainerMN on AWS with CloudFormation
- Open source deep learning framework Chainer officially supported by Amazon Web Services
- New ChainerMN functions for improved performance in cloud environments and performance testing results on AWS
- ChainerMN on Kubernetes with GPUs